Three inseparable sisters – daughters of Zeus, representing all that is noble, beautiful and pure, keep watch from above. Aglaia (brightness) symbolised by brightly coloured butterflies, Euphrosyne (joyfulness) symbolised by the joyful sound of birdsong, and Thalia (bloom) symbolised by a headdress of flowers.
Above all they were goddesses, noble of grace, and a beauty which enchants. Their hair and faces shine with radiant beauty, looking down from Mount Olympus.
Josephine Wall’s interpretation of the three Graces16 notes
- thezac-attack likes this
- transientyou83 likes this
- beaker-art likes this
- jsx2323 reblogged this from pagangrimoire
- ignoranceisbl-ss reblogged this from the-seen-and-heard
- the-seen-and-heard reblogged this from pagangrimoire and added:
- nickthejam likes this
- lady-llewellyn likes this
- jinglesinthekitchen likes this
- pagangrimoire posted this